||Already have a Username/Password for Erasmus Law and Economics Review?
Go to Login
||Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
- The Review welcome scholarly articles in the area of law and economics. Submissions from young scholars are most welcomed.
- All submissions must be in English.
- All papers should have, on the first page, a title, authors' names and affiliations, an abstract of not more than 200 words, keywords, and JEL classification.
- All reference list, case list, and legislation list should be kept at the end of the article.
- Equations numbers must be flushed to the right margin.
- Submissions must be done electronically in Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer formats.
- Equations may be in Mathtype format.
- All diagrams must be properly labelled and in separate files, in TIFF, GIF, or JPEG formats.
- Footnotes should be used sparingly for further explanations. Citations for judicial decisions, legislation, and literature should be left to the end of the article.
- Use the following recommended style for citations of legal authorities:
United States, the The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation or Introduction to Basic Legal Citationby Peter W. Martin (summary available at http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/).
United States v. Carroll Towing Co., 159 F.2d 169 (2d Cir. 1947).
English and Commonwealth jurisdictions, as follows:
Donoghue (or McAlister) v. Stevenson  AC 562 (HL).
Other jurisdictions, their conventional citation styles.
- For journals and other publications, the recommended style is the author-date style of the Chicago Manual of Style.
Calabresi and Melamed (1972).
(Calabresi and Melamed 1972)
Calabresi, Guido, and A.D. Melamed. 1972. Property rules, liability
rules and inalienability: one view of the cathedral. Harvard Law
Review 85: 1089.
Posner, Richard A. 1973. Economic analysis of law. Boston: Little Brown.
- For Internet resources, proceed the usual citation with the Internet URL.
Bouckaert, Boudewijn, and Gerrit de Geest, eds. 2000. Encyclopedia of
law and economics, 4 vols. Cheltenham, U.K.: Edward Elgar. Available
Submission Preparation Checklist (All items required)
|•||The submission has not been previously published nor is it before another journal for consideration; or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor.|
|•||The submission file is in Microsoft Word, RTF, or OpenOffice document file format.|
|•||The submission file name does not contain special characters like - % & * / ! ? ( )|
|•||All URL addresses in the text (e.g., http://pkp.ubc.ca) are activated and ready to click.|
|•||The text meets this journal's formatting requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines found in About the Journal. "Author" and year have been used in the bibliography and footnotes, instead of authors' names, titles, etc. |
Authors have to sign an author's agreement before publication, to accept the terms of the ELER Public License, stated hereunder.
If the terms are not agreeable to the authors for any reason, they may negotiate with the managing editor.
The author's agreement is available here.
The PDF version of ELER Public License is available here
ELER Public License v 1.0
1) Definitions: Under the terms and for the purposes of ELER Public License 1.0.:
- "License" is ELER Public License 1.0.;
- "ELER" is the Erasmus Law and Economics Review;
- "Original Paper" is every Law and Economics paper offered under the terms of this License and containing the following notice: "Subject to ELER Public License 1.0.".
- "Licensor" is/are the author/s of the Original Paper;
- "Licensee" is any individual or entity that exercises the rights provided by this License;
- "Commercial use" is every kind of utilization of the Original Paper that has a price in consideration such as, but not limited to, the following:
(a) including the Original Paper in journals, collections, encyclopedias available against remuneration to private individuals or institutions;
(b) republishing the Original Paper on Internet sites, academic as well as trading ones, which require a registration fee or whatever form of payment;
(c) storing the Original Paper in archives or databases available to third parties only under the payment of whatever fee.
- "Non-Commercial use" is any kind of utilization which does NOT have a price in consideration.
2) Scope: The License shall apply only to Non-Commercial use of the Original Paper. Commercial use of the Original Paper is not allowed by this License and shall be separately agreed upon with the Licensor.
3) Licensor's entitlement: Licensor declares and confirms that the Original Paper is entirely the result of her or his own work except where otherwise indicated and that she or he is entitled to the copyright in and to the Original Paper.
4) Grant of Copyright License: Licensor grants the Licensee a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license for Non-Commercial use to archive, reproduce and distribute in any form, as often as she or he wishes, the Original Paper without further consideration for the author, provided that the following terms are fulfilled.
5) Attribution: In any reproduction or distribution, Licensee shall always grant conspicuous credit to the Licensor and ELER, indicating:
(a) Title of the work,
(b) Name of the author/authors,
(c) Name and URL of the journal,
(d) Year or date of publication,
(e) Volume, issue, and page numbers,
(f) Notice of this license ("Subject to ELER Public License 1.0.").
6) Modification and Translation: Modification, revision, adaptation and translation of the Original Paper without the Licensor's written consent are prohibited.
7) Termination: If the Licensee does not comply with any of the terms provided by art. 5 and 6, all her or his rights provided by art. 4 will terminate automatically.
8) Jurisdiction and Governing Law: Any action or suit relating to this License may be brought only in the courts of a jurisdiction wherein the Licensor resides, and under the law of that jurisdiction.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.